A vacancy exists for a Business Development Manager: Merchant Finance within the VAS and
Card division, Kazang, in Cape Town.
The purpose of this role is to take ownership of Kazang’s Merchant Finance strategy. This includes
maximizing usage and revenues of the merchant finance suite, building business cases for new
finance products, coordinate creation and rollout of new finance products, and managing and
coordinating relevant internal stakeholders as needed for product success.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Total revenues and bottom line earning generated through merchant finance products.
- Formulating business cases for new Merchant Finance products.
- Keep up to date with market intelligence (examining competitor offerings, key players, and
market dynamics that may influence sales volumes, etc.)
- Interfacing and working with Kazang Sales Department to accelerate product growth.
- Evaluating payment behaviours to identify trends and red flags.
In order to be considered for this position, the following requirements must be met:
- Matric / Grade 12 qualification.
- Related tertiary education.
- 5 years’ experience in either the FMCG, Payments, or Merchant Finance/Credit industry
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suite.
- Innovation approach to problem solving.
- Strong communication skills.
- Target driven, high energy approach to tasks.
- Strategic and wholistic medium to long term planning.
- Presentation of product performance to management.
- Self-motivated and aggressive growth focused.
To apply for this position, include a 2–3-page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for
the attention of Megan Lombard at firstname.lastname@example.org