A vacancy exists for a Web Developer within the VAS and Card division in Johannesburg.
- Design and implementation of new web development projects according to business specifications.
- Maintenance, support, and enhancements of existing web-related implementations.
- Tasks assigned completed within the agreed period.
- Assessment of how quickly work is performed.
- Analysis and solution definition.
- Technical understanding and keeping up to date on web development-related technologies.
- 5+ years experience with Microsoft .Net, MVC, Web API, SQL Server, and Visual Studio development environments.
- Expert level proficiency in .Net technologies including C#, ASP.Net, Entity Framework, and Web Services.
- Experience developing and consuming REST based services.
- Extensive relational database design and complex querying experience.
- High proficiency coding in C#, .Net.
- Expert knowledge of Web Services and APIs using SOAP, REST, and JSON.
- Ability to derive solid architecture, design, and implementations from requirements.
- Adhere to coding standards, version and source control, and task/bug tracking processes.
- Adhere to change management and defined SDLC (agile) processes.
- Perform dev testing of own assigned tasks.
Education & Qualifications:
- BSc or equivalent
- Be a team player that contributes by example.
- Be able and enjoy working in a team, under pressure with a high level of responsibility and accountability.
- Be self-driven, passionate, and positive and have high energy levels.
- Willing to learn, keep up to date with technologies, contribute, mentor, and assist other team members.
- Have knowledge of the agile process and be committed to adhering to processes around source control, standards, reviews, quality, release management, deployment, etc.
- Be a logical thinker, organized, assertive, and focused on delivering quality dev tested work.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills, and do not have a problem communicating and sharing with other members and management on a daily basis.
To apply for this position, include a 2-3 page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for the attention of Lezanne Amos at Lezanne.firstname.lastname@example.org