A vacancy exists for a BI Developer within the VAS and Card division, EasyPay, in Cape Town.
The role of the Business Intelligence Developer is to be responsible for creating, installing, and maintaining business intelligence interfaces. These include query tools, data visualization, interactive dashboards, ad hoc reporting, and data modelling tools.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development environment – develop, upgrade, and support.
- Setup and configure new reports using client specifications.
- Test working of new and existing reports.
- Analyse data in database regarding report specifications.
- Query database using SQL.
- Investigate data issues in database pertaining to reports.
- Migrating of Sybase database to MSSQL database.
- Analyse existing archive procedures.
- Assist DBA’s when help is required.
- Write and implement new archive procedures into other databases for reporting purposes.
- Documentation for configuration of collectors.
- Assistance on setting up some legacy applications in the company on new desktops.
In order to be considered for this position, the following requirements must be met:
- Matric / Grade 12 qualification.
- Degree or Diploma in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- 2 years SQL Database Programming in a highly pressurised environment.
- Extensive use of SQL, T-SQL, MSSQL.
- SSIS, SSRS, and Analysis Services experience.
- Programming knowledge / Project Management / Resource Management / Network Knowledge / OS Admin knowledge advantageous.
- Be detail orientated.
- Time management skill.
- Be able to work independently.
- Problem solving skills.
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty.
To apply for this position, include a 2–3-page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for the attention of Megan Lombard at email@example.com