A vacancy exists for a Postilion Online Support Engineer within the VAS and Card division, EasyPay, in Cape Town.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Production environment, support, upgrade, and security.
- Setup and configure disaster recovery.
- Ensure periodic tests are executed at the DR site.
- Ensure that failover procedures are documented and kept up to date.
- Ensure that communication channels are established with all clients at a technical level.
- Ensure feedback is given to both management and clients.
- Ensure change management is adhered to.
- Ensure adequate testing has taken place before implementing new systems or changes to existing systems.
- Ensure all technical documentation is current and freely available.
- Ensure all processes are documented.
- Test any new system releases/upgrades from development.
- Ensure that a testing schedule and procedure is available.
- Set up and maintain production systems.
- Database management.
- Identify issues/problems and assess the severity of the problem and take corrective action.
- Determine appropriate approach to solving problems.
- Develop plans for implementing solutions.
- Set up and configure ACI products.
Education & Qualifications:
- Matric / Grade 12 Qualification
- Completion of relevant IT Technical Course
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of MSSQL and MySQL
- Linux knowledge and experience
- Business analyst skills is advantageous
- 2 years’ related experience
- AWS cloud experience
- Python and shell/Dos scripting
- High level knowledge in ACI Postilion suite of products required (Realtime Framework, Office, Config-server, eSocket.POS)
- Be able to write documentation for all created processes
- Be able to write disaster recovery documentation, cutover processes
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Have dedication and perseverance
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Setup and configure ACI products
To apply for this position, include a 2–3-page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for the attention of Lezanne Amos at Lezanne.firstname.lastname@example.org