A vacancy exists for a Business Analyst within the VAS and Card division, Kazang Connect, in Cape Town.
The primary role of our Business Analyst is to analyze, document, and propose solutions for large and/or complex business areas and to prepare functional specifications. To assist in the preparation of user and system test plans.
This position works with the internal Project Management Office to make sure there is structure and efficiency across all projects.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To thoroughly analyze and document customer and internal business requirements for the purpose of a clear and full understanding, by both business and technical staff, of needs and the implications they have on systems and processes.
- To ensure that final systems meet stated requirements prior to release to production.
- Perform the business analysis function compliant with SDLC.
- Acquire all necessary system requirements, including all impacted existing or new business processes, from the various departments and any impacted/involved external parties – this may require interviews with individuals and groups as well as workshops.
- Gather and document all business requirements and complete them within the necessary timelines.
- Ensure that the affected Systems Architects and Developers can interpret your documented requirements without the need for referral to you.
- Ensure that the affected Test Analysts are able to interpret your documented requirements without the need for referral to you.
- Review Test Plans and test cases relevant to projects to which you are assigned to ensure adequate quality assurance coverage.
- Ensure that the impacted business units (Customer Care, Compliance and Finance) and IT Operations clearly understand the impact of their departments in terms of specified functional and non-functional requirements.
- Convene and hold document and design review sessions to obtain buy-in and conclusion (sign-off) of all documented requirements and requirement changes.
- Ensure that all documentation (where you carry the creation and maintenance responsibility) is signed off by all affected departments and external parties.
- Draw up business user training guides and train business users.
- Sign off the system per your requirements definition (System requirement Specification) by performing User Acceptance Tests against the system prior to its implementation into production.
- Timeously escalate issues affecting your performance on your duties to your line manager
- At least once a week, update the Work Request System to reflect the progress of Work Requests (WRs) assigned to you and close WRs where your job is complete.
- Provide input to sales proposals when called to do so.
- Perform formal presentations relative to analysis outcomes / specific services to both internal and external parties.
- During a work colleague’s leave of absence from the company or during month-end or peak business periods, you may be required to perform other job tasks upon reasonable request from your line manager.
In order to be considered for this position, the following requirements must be met:
- Business Analyst experience.
- Proven working experience in a BA role in the digital economy and technology sector.
- Background in a Tech environment (Beneficial).
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough. understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
Essential Skills/Attributes needed:
- Technical awareness and understanding.
- Agile methodology experience/exposure.
- Understanding or hands-on experience in software development.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Be able to work across multiple projects.
- Be deadline driven.
- Be an excellent communicator, verbal and written.
- Have excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Have good interpersonal skills – able to extract business information and needs from individuals at varying levels of the organization.
- Be a logical thinker.
- Be customer service orientated.
- Be process orientated and able to define processes and apply the company project delivery methodology.
- Be able to operate with little supervision.
- Be able to handle excessive pressure, in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to adapt to change when required.
- Willingness to learn.
- Objective and accurate with attention to detail.
- Ability to work and adapt well in a fast-paced environment.
- Measured under pressure.
- Kind and caring.
To apply for this position, include a 2–3-page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for the attention of Lezanne Amos at Lezanne.email@example.com
Applications close: 3 February 2023