A vacancy exists for a Business Product Owner – Kazang Pay & Card within the VAS and Card division, Kazang Connect, in Cape Town.
If you are passionate about agile and innovation, this is a good opportunity for you to grow.
This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the local team, including working with Product Management, Customers, Business Owners, and other stakeholders. Together with the Technical Product Owner (TPO), the BPO has ownership of the squad, and what it develops.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take the lead of a scrum squad as the Business Product Owner.
- Provide vision and direction to the product squad and stakeholders throughout the project and facilitate the creation of user stories.
- Ensure that the squad always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on.
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product.
- Define product vision, road-map, and growth opportunities.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Work closely with stakeholders to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
In order to be considered for this position, the following requirements must be met:
- Matric / Grade 12 qualification.
- Any related tertiary qualification.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification / Product Owner certification.
- Understand the software development ecosystem; have basic knowledge of core web technologies and be able to predict time expectancy of job completion.
- Be able to manage company and developer expectations through honest and timely updates.
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner or similar.
- Experience in Squad practices will be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Attention to details.
- Good communication skills.
- A keen interest in understanding our business.
- The ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Be proactive, initiate action, and be results oriented.
To apply for this position, include a 2–3-page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for the attention of Megan Lombard at email@example.com