A vacancy exists for an Data Engineer within the VAS and Card division, Kazang Connect, in Cape Town.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to play a leading role in the design and development of an ETL solution to centralise data from various sources into a single environment.
This solution will be used across businesses to empower both Analytics and Data Science. The Data Engineer will need to play a role in the designing of the architecture around the ETL pipelines, but also in the handling of data itself to create, maintain, and ensure the integrity of features for business needs.
You will work alongside Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Business Analysts to scope business and technical requirements in their day-to-day role.
This role requires a candidate with a strong passion for data and who is excited to be involved in the decision-making and implementation of such a system from conception to implementation.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop an understanding of where and how data is currently stored within our environments.
- Build and maintain the Datawarehouse.
- Formulate strategies on how to aggregate data across multiple systems into a single repository for both analytics as well as data science.
- Implement the above strategies to improve our data warehouse and to make a single-source-of-truth database available for consistent analytics across our company.
- Build and maintain a feature store for use in Data Science.
In order to be considered for this position, the following requirements must be met:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Data Engineer
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with ETL
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Data Modelling
- Extensive experience in Apache Airflow, Google Big Query, MySQL, PostGRES, Python, R, Linux
Education & Qualifications:
- BSc in Computer Science Degree or BSc in Statistics would be an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Initiative, Self-motivated
- Good communicator
- Team player
To apply for this position, include a 2–3-page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for the attention of Megan Lombard at firstname.lastname@example.org