A vacancy exists for a DevOps Engineer within Kazang Connect, a division of Main Street 1723 (Pty) Ltd, in Cape Town.
The main purpose of this role is to construct and support the automation and continued growth of development teams and their applications. Maintain existing systems while improving and documenting processes. This role requires a relationship with developers, technical, and non-technical staff.
- To develop an intimate knowledge of the software architecture and overall systems understanding.
- Streamline and improve software integration, release, and deployment processes
- Enhance systems monitoring and metrics reporting.
- Work closely with developers to improve quality and efficiency of the software
- Maintain end-to-end security using industry best practices.
- Investigate and adopt new technologies as needs arise.
- Troubleshoot production issues and perform maintenance on infrastructure, build pipeline and applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance on servers to keep them in good health.
- Liaise with customers, solutions architects & other developers in aligning requirement specifications where applicable.
- Working as part of a project team to develop & deliver solutions.
- Setup and maintain related documentation.
- Be on rotational standby
Desired experience and qualification:
- Bachelor of Science or any related tertiary qualification
- 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Python or comparable language
- Comfortable with databases and a good understanding of SQL
- Linux production environment experience
- Experience with cloud-based production environments
- Hands on experience with containerization (Docker)
- Great interpersonal skills
Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Good communication skills.
- A keen interest in understanding our business.
- The ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Be proactive, initiate action and be results orientated.
- Follow procedure accurately with high attention to detail
To apply for this position, include a 2–3-page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for the attention of Lezanne Amos at Lezanne.firstname.lastname@example.org.