A vacancy exists for a Front End Developer within the VAS and Card division, Kazang Connect, in Cape Town.
We are seeking a Front End Software Developer to join the Kazang team. The ideal candidate has strong skills in web development, creating sleek, robust, and maintainable frontend interfaces.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Determining the structure and design of web UIs.
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
- Developing features between functional and aesthetic design.
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to create user-friendly and functional web UIs.
- Ensuring web UI design is optimized for mobile screens where required.
- Building reusable code where possible.
- Optimizing web UIs for maximum speed and scalability.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design where applicable.
- Maintain and improve existing code as well as new code.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and UX/UI designers to improve usability.
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers.
- Write functional requirement documents and guides.
- Create quality mockups and prototypes when required.
- Interact with backend developers to debug and improve APIs.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies.
In order to be considered for this position, the following requirements must be met:
- Degree in computer science or related field.
- Proven work experience as a Front End Developer.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Understanding of layout aesthetics.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment).
- Understanding of server-side CSS.
- Understanding design principles for Single Page Applications.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Experience with consuming APIs for data and content display, as well as data creation and updating.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
- Experience with graphic design software.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Sharp, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Take ownership and responsibility of your own work, and of any reporting to you.
To apply for this position, include a 2–3-page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for the attention of Megan Lombard at firstname.lastname@example.org