A vacancy exists for a National Account Manager: Formal Format within Kazang Connect, a division of Main Street 1723 (Pty) Ltd, in Cape Town.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Taking direct responsibility for the Kazang Formal format and its sales and support channels. These channels include:
- Formal customers – independent or small chain – as signed up within Regional Sales teams.
- Formal customers – national or regional chains and franchises – as signed up with relevant national or regional customer representatives, supported via regional teams.
- Relevant API integrated Formal channel customers – where POS integration is required.
- Sourcing, negotiating, and building corporate accounts as identified in marketplace. These will typically be focussed on Fuel Station brands, Food franchise brands, Apparel Brands etc.
- Identifying, negotiating, and concluding relevant POS integration partnerships to facilitate delivery of VAS as per retailer requirements.
- Identifying, scoping, and facilitating technology development or upgrade requirements to adequately support the Formal and Corporate customer in store vending functionality, as well as customer reporting and information flow requirements.
- Support of Formal Sales staff in each Regional business unit which includes:
- Building vending VAS volumes through channel partners to or above budget targets
- Co-ordination of vending device controls and deployment down to regional admin teams
- Detailed guidance and leadership of Formal sales channel and teams, in conjunction with each Regional Sales Manager, which includes:
- Sourcing & Developing specialist formal market sales teams per region, in line with Regional Strategy.
- Managing own Central Administrative team.
- Co-ordinating customer support & retention activities with Formal format Support channel.
- Liaison & co-ordination with Marketing department to ensure field marketing and promotional activities aligned with sales objectives and channel strategy.
- Developing a broader Marketing strategy targeting the end consumer awareness to our formal format brand
- Liaison with regional administrative resources responsible for device administration, staff administration, customer support co-ordination, customer segmentation analysis & support.
- Overall responsibility for leading and managing national office team (as developed) and office administration.
Leadership & Development:
- Leading a small but very strategic core national team to build culture and align initiatives and targets to company strategy and budget objectives.
- Influencing Kazang Formal Sales regional teams who work in collaboration with Cash Connect field sales teams and managers, to best deploy Kazang VAS solutions in their environment, as well as to identify and support each other with synergistic drop-safe market opportunities.
- Identifying and recruiting correctly skilled and driven staff to fulfil the sales and administrative team requirements as and when required. These will change from time to time to align with company growth strategy.
- Lead and foster business partnerships with independent players critical to delivery of VAS through this channel. POS providers and API integration to their platforms will be a critical success factor.
- Foster a trustworthy relationship with your sales Director that allows you to work independently whilst knowing when to seek guidance and decision-making approval. Be prepared to share good and bad news as required.
Sales & Marketing:
- Develop and grow the formal national VAS revenue channel to meet and exceed the annual budget targets.
- Support each region to build a specialist direct sales team, when appropriate to the growth strategy. This will involve working with your director to define the role, source and deploy candidates and develop the role to prove this channel viability.
- Closely monitor channel sales performance through the KSIS system to ensure optimal vending device deployment
- Liaise with the Marketing department to develop appropriate marketing collateral for the formal channel.
- Ensure the Formal Format brand is fostered and grown through staff and partnership alignment and standards, field marketing opportunities and overall custodianship of the brand. I.e., live it yourself
- Monitor Regional channel device performance to KPIs with respective formal channels, e.g., Cash Connect, to ensure device placement is optimal.
- Work closely with the Operations department and Regional Managers to ensure accurate customer segment support at central Call Centre and field support in each region, as relevant.
- This involves close collaboration of the Formal Support channel within Ops and the regional use of Field Service Technicians (FSTs) to achieve or beat minimum support standards. This is particularly challenging in the outlying regional areas and requires regional support from the Regional FST teams.
Asset & Credit management:
- Managing a large credit book within defined frameworks and vetting criteria. This involves working you’re your Administration team and Finance to set up approval and performance control criteria. Risk control will be a critical success factor.
- Ensure regional administrative team’s control:
- Vending device stock and accurate allocation of sales channel stock.
- Efficient collection and return of faulty vending devices to Business Support as relevant to customer support standards.
- Administrative control and monitoring of company vehicles and cellular phone assets, where relevant.
Assume responsibility for and ensure:
- Overall control of central team staff costs to budget, including agreeing and managing relevant team incentive programmes with your director.
- Overall office, vehicle, travel, and logistics costs minimised and/or aligned to budget or specific project plans.
Administration & Credit control:
- Ensure the central administrative team is optimally structured and resourced to fulfil all designated administrative tasks and roles as outlined elsewhere in this document.
- Your role will be best optimised by the initial setup of a small dedicated administrative resource team that is clearly focused on internal and customer KPIs and relevant reporting.
- Ensure weekly and monthly reporting to Sales Director and other Kazang senior management as required.
- Develop key weekly reporting and management cycles with internal and external sales teams.
- Align customer retention reporting with Business Support and Sales to optimise results.
- Development of a customer portal for customer channel functional and performance report access
In order to be considered for the position, the following requirements must be met:
- Minimum of a matric exemption
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in business, sales or marketing is ideal
- Computer skills training or literacy
- MS Office suite – word, excel, PowerPoint
- Email communication, Internet strategic usage, and mobile device strategic utilization
- Freshdesk or similar customer retention platform
- Proprietary Kazang Sales Incentive System (KSIS)
- Retail Point of Sale (POS) systems
Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Highly driven individual, passionate about collaborating with other teams, selling services, and delivering results beyond the call of duty.
- An ability lead through influence rather than direct authority, to get the most out of outside teams and stakeholders in a collaborative environment.
- Strong negotiation and deal making skills. A strong commercial savvy is required, able to structure deals and manage credit lines within defined frameworks to optimise financial results.
- Strong ability to work independently, whilst being a member of a team.
- Actively seeks feedback, able to withstand criticism and use constructive criticism to improve.
- Highly professional, high personal standards, able to produce work of a high quality.
- Show initiative, think on your feet, problem solve. An ability to withstand setbacks and forge ahead.
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty.
To apply for this position, include a 2–3-page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for the attention of Lezanne Amos at Lezanne.firstname.lastname@example.org.