A vacancy exists for a Payment Specialist within the VAS and Card division, Kazang Connect, in Cape Town.
The purpose of the role is to process payments, onboard and vet new suppliers and daily reconciliation of supplier accounts.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing payments to supplier’s accounts (EFTs from all 4 major banks).
- Processing interbank transfers.
- Taking on new suppliers & updating the ContentReady system as needed.
- Doing bank verifications on all new suppliers.
- Loading all new suppliers onto the banking systems.
- Vetting all new supplier contracts, and doing CIPC & VAT checks for onboarding new suppliers.
- Strong reconciliation experience – ensure payments reconcile back to ContentReady reporting.
- Ensure no duplicate payments are processed.
- Handling queries from suppliers.
- Preparing payment reports for the Senior Financial Accountant.
- Resolve pay-out queries to ensure the timeous release of payments.
- Loading of payments on a Saturday morning as needed.
- Assist in other payments as may be needed from time to time.
In order to be considered for this position, the following requirements must be met:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Working experience in a Treasury area at a medium-sized company.
- All payments are to be processed timeously & accurately & in line with Legal Agreements.
- Maintaining a consistent service delivery to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Always ensure business continuity.
- Good email and communication skills.
- Computer literacy – MS Office with strong Excel skills.
- Team player & deadline-driven.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility (be able to switch from one task to the other).
To apply for this position, include a 2–3-page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for the attention of Lezanne Amos at Lezanne.email@example.com
Applications close: 24 May 2023