A vacancy existsfor a Test Analyst (Mobile) within the VAS and Card division, in Cape Town.
- Meeting customer and stakeholders defined deadlines.
- Communicating with third parties regarding software and documentation quality.
- Providing support and guidance during customer and third-party testing cycles.
- Preparing documentation for the handover to users for user acceptance testing.
- Providing support and training to users of the software both during implementation and post-implementation.
- Assist in the replication of defects.
- Mobile Application testing experience.
- General software testing experience.
- Experience with testing applications on a variety of different devices.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Can work according to an established Definition of Done.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Experience working with SCRUM.
- POS (Point-of-sales) hardware/firmware experience is advantageous.
- Proficiency in preparing test documentation, test plans, test scripts, and handover documentation.
- Good understanding of the testing methodology.
- Strong analytical skills relative to specifications and problem-solving.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working according to Best Practices for QA.
- Test tools.
- Knowledge of Java/Kotlin/Flutter advantageous.
- Understanding of bug tracking tools, e.g., JIRA.
- MS Excel.
- Able to write test plans.
Education & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 / Matric is essential.
- Diploma or Degree qualified (IT or related technical) is desirable.
- Formal software testing training (e.g., ISTQB, ISEB) is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be a logical thinker.
- Be vocal about identified issues.
- Strong bias for action.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Keen bias for testing throughout the development lifecycle.
To apply for this position, include a 2-3 page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for the attention of Lezanne Amos at Lezanne.email@example.com