A vacancy exists for a Legal Advisor to join the Legal Department of the Lesaka Group, in Cape Town.
Some insights into the role and joining the Legal Department of the Lesaka Group:
The Legal Department of the Lesaka Group is a small, but growing team of hard-working, energetic, flexible young professionals. We have recently taken on the legal function for the whole of the Lesaka Group, and consequently, needing to add some additional resources to our centre of excellence, and looking for a newly admitted attorney to support the other members of the Legal Department.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supporting the Legal Department with the following:
- Drafting, reviewing, formatting and negotiating bespoke and standard commercial contracts.
- Providing legal advice and support to the business units within the Lesaka Group relative to its product offering, processes and functions.
- Researching legislation, regulation and the general laws of South Africa and other jurisdictions within which the Lesaka Group operate.
- Assisting with the administrative duties of the Legal Department.
- Contract Management.
In order to be considered for this position, the following requirements must be met:
- You must have a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from a university in South Africa.
- You must be a newly admitted (+/- less than 3 years post-article experience) legal practitioner/attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
- You must have experience in litigation and commercial and/or contract law.
- Proficient in Word.
- Excellent contractual drafting, formatting, analysis, and review skills.
- Thorough and impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships across multi-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Adaptable and flexible in order to manage the evolving legal and business landscapes.
- Strong administration and organization skills.
- The ability to work under pressure while maintaining high standards and excellent quality of work.
- Team player.
- Take initiative and display a work ethic that demonstrates going over and above what is expected.
To apply for this position, include a 2–3-page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for the attention of Lezanne Amos at Lezanne.email@example.com