A vacancy exists for a Payment Specialist within the VAS and Card division, Kazang, in Cape Town.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing payments to supplier’s accounts (EFTs from all 4 major banks).
- Processing interbank transfers.
- Taking on new suppliers & updating ContentReady system as needed.
- Doing bank verifications (AVS) on all new suppliers.
- Loading all new suppliers onto the banking systems.
- Vetting all new supplier contracts, and doing CIPC & VAT checks for onboarding new suppliers.
- Strong reconciliation experience – ensure payments reconcile back to ContentReady reporting.
- Daily reconciliation required.
- Ensure no duplicate payments are processed.
- Ensure that all required payments have been made to the suppliers.
- Handling queries from suppliers.
- Monthly debtor invoicing for commissions owed.
- Running of debtor statements at month-end.
- Manage all queries related to invoicing and statements.
- Preparing payment reports for the Senior Financial Accountant.
- Resolve pay-out queries to ensure the timeous release of payments.
- Loading of payments on a Saturday morning as needed.
- Assist in other payments as may be needed from time to time.
In order to be considered for this position, the following requirements must be met:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Supplier Payments role.
- Working experience in a Treasury area at a medium-sized company.
- Strong excel skills.
- All payments to be processed timeously & accurately & in line with Legal Agreements.
- Maintaining a consistent service delivery to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Always ensure business continuity.
- Team player & deadline-driven.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility (be able to switch from one task to the other).
To apply for this position, include a 2–3-page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for the attention of Lezanne Amos at Lezanne.email@example.com