A vacancy exists for a Computer Operator within the VAS and Card division in Cape Town.
As the Computer Operator you will run scheduled tasks as per procedures, checklist or assigned to by shift leader. Log under supervision the success, failures, warnings of batch job and escalation thereof.
Monitor status of online systems and hardware. Alert/notify management and support teams of any failures and warning due to monitoring.
Update or Add to the operations document wiki and run weekly checks on the UPS and Generator.
- Run scheduled tasks as per procedures, checklist or assigned to by shift leader.
- Log, under supervision, the success, failures, warnings of batch jobs, and escalation thereof.
- Monitor status of online systems and hardware.
- Monitor environmental systems e.g., fire detection, UPS, generator.
- Execute batch jobs (postillion office and old batch).
- Monitor online system performance and escalate any issues detected.
- Assist support staff with escalations and liaising with customers.
- Notification internally and externally.
- Assist other teams with workload.
- Daily reports creation.
- Compliance processes.
- 1-2 years related experience required.
- Rotational Roster.
- Night shift and Weekend hours required.
- Overtime required where applicable.
Education & Qualifications:
- Matric/Grade 12 Qualification
- Completion of a Computer Literacy and/or Technical Course
- Good communication skills
- Experience in problem solving and decision making with the ability to recognize unusual system behaviour (batch and online systems) and escalate timeously
Contact details to address querieTo apply for this position, include a 2–3-page CV, specifying the position you are applying for, for the attention of Megan Lombard at firstname.lastname@example.org